Training courses on offer via Workplace
Workplace, the London Borough of Newham’s job brokerage and recruitment service, was set up to provide support, training and advice to residents seeking employment. Workplace attempts to provide Newham residents with the skills and aptitudes that employers want in order to fill the vacancies emerging from development projects.
Our training programme covers elements of short employer-led construction and non-construction training courses. All courses are linked to specific job opportunities Workplace is recruiting for.
Workplace is currently offering training in the following areas. Please speak to your advisor about the requirements for the courses.
Current courses available to help you back into work:
CV One Day Intensive course – one day course that gives you a chance to create a personal CV that is sector based and demonstrates your skills and abilities effectively to an employer. Also includes top tips for interviews, application letter, online application forms (key hints to get make them stand out) and useful help pack to take away at the end of day.
- Customer Service with Telephone Skills City & Guilds – 1 day course to improve your skills and develop you awareness of customer needs, presentation and techniques to help improve your confidence.
- CSCS card awareness and testing and range of construction courses for suitable candidates are available. You MUST to attend a Construction Screening session with our specialist team, to check your skills. We offer up-skilling such as CPCS NVQ Experienced Worker Tickets and other specialist training that are industry accredited.
- Take Three Days – 3 day course (Aimed at parents/carers thinking about returning to work).
The Programme consists of carefully designed and tested, fast paced activities that get people talking and thinking in new ways. You will get an excellent CV prepared in partnership with the Facilitator. Crèche/childminder places available and delivered at Children’s centres around the borough.
- SIA Badge renewal – new regulations for SIA Door Supervisors mean you will have to do Physical Intervention course BEFORE your badge renewal. You must have used the badge in security work in three years before expiry and have provided Job Evidence to your adviser.
- SIA Door Supervisor – we offer limited places on this course for candidates serious about work in the Security Sector and who have 5 year checkable history.
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering – Are you looking for a job in food handling and preparation? Then this course is an ESSENTIAL. One day industry recognised certificate. You will be show this course is necessary for your job seeking.
Workplace also offers specialised sector specific courses in conjunction with employers.