Workplace can support you into work
Workplace has filled almost 40,000 jobs with Newham residents. When you are in work, we continue to assist you to progress your career. Whatever your level of experience, we can provide support and advice about your next step. Workplace continues to focus on delivering the Mayor of Newham’s Community Wealth building agenda, to ensure economic growth in Newham is shared locally.
The Mayor of Newham, Rokhsana Fiaz, is putting people at the heart of everything Newham Council does to ensure that you, our residents, have access to the very best opportunities in London and to support you to get a fair deal from your employer.
Our service is free to all Newham residents. We offer a range of advice and guidance including various support services to help you secure employment. These include:
- improving your CV
- identifying exciting career options
- advising on jobs to best suit your skills
- good quality apprenticeships for all ages
- bespoke training to enhance your existing skills including accredited qualifications
- preparing you for attending assessment centres and interviews.
We have worked with over 1000 employers including Lendlease, Westfield, Financial Conduct Authority, Transport for London (TfL), Marks & Spencer, Royal Household, Barts NHS Trust, Merlin Entertainment and many more. We can assist you in finding a role that suits you as we work with a wide variety of employers in a range of sectors including:
- business and finance
- office administration and data entry
- transport, driving and logistics
- computing and technology
- creative arts and digital media
- construction and built environment
- retail, hospitality and customer service
- warehouse and distribution
- health and social care
- teaching and teaching support
- leisure, sport and tourism
- engineering and manufacturing
- security and stewarding.
Our specialist teams support the various requirements of our residents, including:
- Young People’s Team - supporting young people aged 16 – 24 years with specialist advice about education and employment options and advising on how to achieve their full potential
- Apprenticeships Team – providing access to, and assistance with, applying for good quality apprenticeships which can often involve a very competitive recruitment process
- Supported Employment Team - supporting residents who may have disabilities or long-term health conditions and who may need specialist support to access employment
- Specialist Team - supporting skilled, trained, experienced professionals towards achieving their career aspirations
- Broadening experience/skills - supporting residents with little experience to secure work experience and training in order to secure their first ever job or in returning to work after a long break
- Construction Team – supporting residents interested in securing a job in construction from entry level through to high level and higher paid roles.
We have placed residents into almost 40,000 jobs across London. Here you can find some of our previous Workplace customers and see where they are working today.
“Workplace has been really supportive and provided me with the necessary tools to help me progress in my career. My advisor has helped me to the very point I am now from recruitment to getting this job rather than me…
“I have been promoted to a Trainee Site Manager at my new site, Shoreditch with HG Construction … cannot thank you guys enough for the support throughout this journey.” Mizanoor registered with Workplace and joined one of our job training…
“Workplace has given its constant support to me over the past few years from finding me a business administration apprenticeship to part-time retail work and now a full-time Recruitment Advisor. Workplace provides excellent opportunities and excellent advisors to help you…