Business start-up support
Are you looking to start your own business?
Do you want to become an entrepreneur?
If you have an idea for a business and are looking to become an entrepreneur then Newham Workplace in partnership with Newham Libraries can offer you advice and support.
Start-ups in London Libraries
London libraries are transforming the way ideas grow into successful businesses. Start-ups in London Libraries is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, J.P. Morgan and Arts Council England and delivered by the British Library and ten participating London boroughs, including Newham. By working with the British Library’s Business and IP Centre, Newham Council is developing a community of new and existing business owners, which is free to join and open to everyone. Whether you are just starting out, need advice on protecting your intellectual property or simply have a brilliant idea you want to discuss, Start-ups in London Libraries is here to guide you.
To take part in the Start-ups in London Libraries workshops, you or your business needs to have a London-based postcode and you need to be:
- the owner of a business which has been registered at Companies House for fewer than 12 months, or
- an aspiring entrepreneur with a business idea that you want to develop.
If you fit into one of these categories you are eligible to attend the workshops and sessions. All sessions and resources are FREE and you could get support that is invaluable to your business.
How it works:
Visit one of Newham’s participating libraries to access a range of free services including:
- quarterly workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs and early stage start-ups – during the workshops you will cover all the fundamentals of running a start-up, from protecting your idea to developing a business plan
- a brand new Marketing Masterclass – for those who are ready to launch their business
- walk-in access to business resources and databases like COBRA
- one-to-one business information sessions with borough SME Champions
- a programme of events, including live-screenings from the British Library’s Business & IP Centre
- the opportunity to network with like-minded individuals.
By joining the Start-ups in London Libraries community, you will receive tailored follow-up support from your local start-up team in Newham.
Ready to register? Book onto Newham’s next workshops here:
In addition to the support available above, please also find further information on the Newham website:
If you have any queries please email: NewhamBusinessDesk@newham.gov.uk