What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a full time job which provides the opportunity for you to gain an accredited qualification. As an apprentice you:
- earn a fixed salary as you learn
- gain an accredited qualification and skills related to the job role
- work in a professional environment with experienced staff
- set yourself up for your future career.
Who are apprenticeships for?
Apprenticeships are open to those aged over 16 years. They can be a great way of starting a career, changing career or getting back into work. To be eligible you must be:
- aged over 16 years
- eligible to work in the UK
- not in full time education.